Global social challenges require new solutions and theories. Their scale and complexity is such that current public-sector resources and traditional investment and grant theories are not sufficient to address these challenges. Innovative models which combine private, public and social sector strengths are needed which can deliver more efficient and effective societal impact. Throughout the world, Venture Philanthropy (VP) and Social investment (SI) has proven to be a powerful way to create social impact, by utilizing the same tools applied by the Private Equity/Venture Capital industry to successfully address social problems. VP/SI enables individuals and organizations with high aspirations for making a difference by deploying their financial, human and intellectual resources strategically, with discipline, transparency and accountability.
There is opportunity to expand and advance the adoption of VP/SI theories. Two organizations are doing so already very successfully in Europe and Asia:
Together these organizations have over 800 members in 52 countries, who – since the inception of these organizations – have mobilized more than USD 7 billion helping create substantial social change and impact. While these theories are being developed on a region-by-region basis, there is opportunity to catalyse these methods on a global level.
IVPC will pursue its mission primarily by building and strengthening the social purpose investment community through regional membership associations and affiliate organizations aiming to increase social impact.
- To engage more human, intellectual and financial capital to support social-purpose investment globally.
- To increase the effectiveness of that capital in generating meaningful social impact.
Theory Of Change
IVPC will pursue this mission in three primary ways:
IVPC will be a facilitator of collaboration, connection, capacity building, resource mobilization and advancement of VP/SI globally, it will not be an association itself.
Key IVPC value-added activities include:
Who We Are
Founder and Chairman
José Luis Ruiz de Munain
Juan David Ferreira
The IVPC is currently focusing on:
- Disseminating the African Venture Philanthopy Alliance, which was launched in 2018
- Facilitating the creation of the Latin American Venture Philanthropy Network to be launched in 2020.
- Starting to explore the conditions for the establishment of a future Venture Philanthropy/Social Investment Network in the MENA Region
- Working with existing Venture Philanthropy/Social Investment regional networks to identify synergies and opportunities to build upon best practices.
- Laying the groundwork for the development of the global IVPC Platform to accelerate the Venture Philanthropy/Social Investment market on a global scale.